Young Persons Video Drop In C-Clinics
During COVID-19 we are running online pop up C-Clinics for young people aged under 18 living in Hampshire, Portsmouth, Southampton and Isle of Wight.
This is an online video drop-in service to talk to a sexual health team member and aims to support young people with:
- Condoms and Get it On Condom Cards
- Contraception information and advice, including how to get emergency contraception
- Support with prevention of and testing for Chlamydia and other sexuality transmitted infections (STIs)
This clinic is staffed by specialist health promotion practitioners is not to be used for clinical advice or diagnosis.
Video C-Clinics Opening Times
This clinic is currently intending to run during May, June and July 2021:
- Every Monday (except Bank Holidays) 11am till 1pm
- Every Tuesday 3pm till 5pm
How to access
Scan Here with your mobile device
Please read the Patient Information Leaflet here for tips and guidance on using this service.
Important Information – Please Read before accessing the video clinic
To run this service, we are using a secure web-based NHS video call service called Attend Anywhere. Please read the Attend Anywhere Privacy Statement here.
- Before you enter our online waiting room, you will be asked to provide your name, date of birth and a contact number. If we are unable to talk to you during the opening times, Solent NHS Trust Sexual Health Service will not retain your data and we will not contact you
- You will be entered into an online waiting room and when a member of staff is available, you will be invited to join a video chat (opens in new window)
- Make sure that you are in a private space where you can speak confidentially.
- We will discuss with you what will happen during the call and in order to help you we may need to ask you some personal questions to assess your risk and to support you appropriately.
- If you are in a chat and are disconnected, we will try to reconnect. If we are unable to do so, please re-join the online clinic waiting room. We will not call you back unless we are concerned for your safety.
- If you experience any issues, click the Refresh button.
- We cannot diagnose any medical conditions through this clinic.
- No one is permitted to record the call.
- Please treat our staff with respect. We do not tolerate abuse or nudity and will end the video call if necessary.
During busy times
As a new provision of service, we are monitoring numbers of young people accessing this service. There may be times when we receive high numbers of young people in our online waiting room and we therefore may not always be able to talk to you, although we will always do our best. Please be aware of other options available to you:
- Access the young person’s sexual health advice guide here
- Call us on 0300 300 2016 and ask to speak to a Health Promotion Practitioner (you will be placed on a work list for a call back)
Is the service confidential? Will my information be kept private?
All clinical information from your video call will be stored by Solent NHS Trust on our clinical patient system, known as INFORM. All the information in your notes on the computer are strictly confidential.
If you're 13 to 15 years old, you have the same rights to confidentiality as an adult. This means that we won't tell your parents, or anyone else without your permission.
The only other time we would tell anyone else about your visit would be if:
- You are under 18 and tell us about someone who has abused you sexually, physically, or emotionally
- You are 12 or under and tell us that someone has had sex with you
- Your life is at serious risk
- You tell us about someone under 18 who is being abused
- Another person’s life is at risk
But we would discuss this with you first and give you all the support you need.
For more information about Solent NHS Trust Sexual Health Service Confidentiality and Data Protection please click here.
Your feedback is important to us
After your video call you will be directed to a short online feedback survey. We do not ask for any personal information and your answers will be used to help understand future needs and develop services for young people.
If you have any queries about this service and would like to talk to someone please email us securely at email@example.com.